Melt in your mouth fresh strawberry pie - extremely picky hubby's favorite. I have cooked this quite successfully using half sugar and half Splenda, to cut down on the calories.
- Wash, drain and slice strawberries and sprinkle them with the 1/8 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix cornstarch,3/4 cup sugar and water in saucepan; bring to boil and stir several minutes, while boiling, until thickened and clear.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Place berries in cooked, cooled shell (or use shortbread or graham cracker crust) and pour gelatin mixture carefully on top.
- Refrigerate until chilled; when completely cooled, spread thick layer of Cool Whip on top.