This is my favorite apple pie recipe, minus the sugar (For our diabetic friends and family members)
Make and share this Sugar-free Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Cut shortening into flour.
- Beat egg; add water, vinegar and salt.
- Combine all together and roll out, makes two double pie crusts.
- Pie Filling:.
- Peel and slice apples and put in unbaked pie crust.
- Cut butter in two or three pieces and put on top of apples.
- Mix sugar and flour together.
- sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of all.
- Top with crust.
- Bake at 400°F ten minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 40 minutes longer.
This was excellent my dh is diabetic so now he can have a little bit of heaven
I make this pie for my father-in-law, who is diabetic. I make a simpler crust of shortening, salt, flour and water. I also add a bit of nutmeg to the pie filling. It's very tasty, and causes you much less guilt! Yum!
This pie tastes great! I made it for the diagetics in my family for thanksgiving.