1/1 Photo of Sugar Cookies (Light & Crisp)
These Sugar Cookies are marvelous! Light, Crispy, Yummy and so easy. I got this recipe from a co-worker many years ago. Dieters beware--it is hard to eat just one. Tip-I have tried to substitute margarine in place of the butter, and the cookies were not as good. I have also used colored sugars for dipping the glass into for the holidays and that worked very well. Not recommended for rolled out cookies as the dough is too delicate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and vegetable oil.
- 3Beat in egg and extract.
- 4Add next 4 ingredients and mix together. The dough will be somewhat soft. Refrigerate a few minutes if too soft to work with.
- 5Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in reserved 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 6Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in granulated sugar (or colored sugar if you prefer).
- 7Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- 8Note: Cookies should be only very slightly browned. They will be a more of a light golden color.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookies (Light & Crisp)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 210.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g