Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is for a bread machine but I make this on my Kitchen Aid with some amount adjustments. I use this for my stuffing recipes, it's a wonderful change from white bread, and makes a great turkey sandwich bread also!
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk (70F to 80F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 5 teaspoons dried onion flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (no more, as it will interfere with the yeast)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order given.
- Select the BASIC BREAD setting, and the crust colour setting.
- Bake according to bread machine directions.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 Tbsp water or flour if needed.