3 hrs 6 mins
This recipe is for a bread machine but I make this on my Kitchen Aid with some amount adjustments. I use this for my stuffing recipes, it's a wonderful change from white bread, and makes a great turkey sandwich bread also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk (70F to 80F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 5 teaspoons dried onion flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (no more, as it will interfere with the yeast)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order given.
- 2Select the BASIC BREAD setting, and the crust colour setting.
- 3Bake according to bread machine directions.
- 4Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 Tbsp water or flour if needed.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2124.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 308.8 mg
- Sodium 3892.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 367.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 61.8 g