Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This turned out fluffy and delicious! An adaptation of Beakerwill's Sour Cream Cherry Coffee Cake.
Make and share this Strawberry Sour Cream Cake (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large egg whites, beat till frothy
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, drained
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add whites one at a time and mix carefully (don't over mix). Stir in sour cream and set bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients. Add in thirds to the margarine mix (batter will be stiff).
- Stir in vanilla, zest and strawberries.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch GLASS baking dish and spread batter in (it will spread thin, I got it even using an icing knife). Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly and sprinkle on top of better. Bake 20 minutes.
- *Note: after baking, cover cake to prevent drying out.
wow...so moist and yummy. I think I'd add more strawberries next time, because the strawberry was more of an undertone than i was expecting. i didn't have any flax seed, so i doubled the oats instead, turned out wonderful. Made for PAC Spring 2009