This recipe is a little different from the others. This is my DD favorite cake. I cannot count how many times I have given out the recipe. I like it because you make it up the day before. I have also used a butter cake mix with good results. I have used other brands also. Cooking time does not include overnight refrigeration time.
- 18 ounces pillsbury moist supreme classic yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water (for this cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (for this cake mix)
- 3 eggs (for this cake mix)
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry soda
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease bottom of 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray or use shortening and a flour dusting.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl until moistened. Or, make as your cake mix directs if using different cake mix.
- Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake cake for 34 to 38 minute Remove from oven and cool.
- Dissolve jello in hot water.
- Add soda to jello mixture.
- When cake has cooled but still warm, poke full of holes with fork. If cake pieces come with fork, just put back on cake.
- Pour jello mixture over cake.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix pudding and milk together until thick. Fold in cool whip.
- Spread on cake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.