1/1 Photo of Strawberry Soda Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is a little different from the others. This is my DD favorite cake. I cannot count how many times I have given out the recipe. I like it because you make it up the day before. I have also used a butter cake mix with good results. I have used other brands also. Cooking time does not include overnight refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces pillsbury moist supreme classic yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water (for this cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (for this cake mix)
- 3 eggs (for this cake mix)
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease bottom of 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray or use shortening and a flour dusting.
- 3Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl until moistened. Or, make as your cake mix directs if using different cake mix.
- 4Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Bake cake for 34 to 38 minute Remove from oven and cool.
- 6Dissolve jello in hot water.
- 7Add soda to jello mixture.
- 8When cake has cooled but still warm, poke full of holes with fork. If cake pieces come with fork, just put back on cake.
- 9Pour jello mixture over cake.
- 10Let cool completely.
- 11Mix pudding and milk together until thick. Fold in cool whip.
- 12Spread on cake.
- 13Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Soda Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 362.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: