I came up with this recipe to help use up all the strawberry ice cream I've ended up with. I like to serve these sundaes in tumblers / mixer glasses but you could use any glass you prefer. If you do not have fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries which have been drained are fine (spoon a little juice over the sponge if you like!). This is a very quick dessert to put together & is beautiful to look at.
- Place the sponge cake in the bottom of each glass. Press down gently to make sure the entire base is covered.
- Hull & slice 2 strawberries & cover the sponge bases.
- Spoon the ice cream over the top of the strawberries.
- Hull & slice 2 more strawberries & cover the ice cream.
- Pipe the whipped cream over the top of the strawberries & top with the remaining whole strawberries.