1/1 Photo of Strawberry Shortcake
This dessert looks so gorgeous you won't want to slice it! Tastes just as good though. Great to take along to BBQs & gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Line& grease a round 20cm sandwich tin.
- 3Beat butter& sugar until light & fluffy, then add egg yolks & flour and beat well.
- 4Press mixture into the base of the tin.
- 5Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden & firm.
- 6Allow to cool slightly, remove from tin & cool completely.
- 7Arrange strawberries over the surface, starting with an outside circle & working inwards with more circles, until cake is covered.
- 8Combine jam & water in a saucepan& heat until liquid thickens.
- 9Strain, then brush over strawberries& refrigerate until serving time.
- 10Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g