This is one of our favorite pies. I usually make my own pie crust, but refrigerated pie crust is fine. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- Combine 1 cup sugar with cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit one of the pie crusts into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, toss rhubarb, strawberries, sugar-cornstarch mixture and lemon juice.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberry mixture into crust-lined pie dish, leveling slightly.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut remaining crust into 1-inch strips.
- Interweave into a lattice pattern.
- Crimp strip edges with bottom crust to seal.
- Brush crust with milk, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, covering edge of pie with foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream, if desired.