1/1 Photo of Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This is one of our favorite pies. I usually make my own pie crust, but refrigerated pie crust is fine. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup sugar with cornstarch; set aside.
- 2Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Fit one of the pie crusts into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In large bowl, toss rhubarb, strawberries, sugar-cornstarch mixture and lemon juice.
- 6Let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Pour strawberry mixture into crust-lined pie dish, leveling slightly.
- 8Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut remaining crust into 1-inch strips.
- 9Interweave into a lattice pattern.
- 10Crimp strip edges with bottom crust to seal.
- 11Brush crust with milk, then sprinkle with sugar.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, covering edge of pie with foil if browning too quickly.
- 13Cool to room temperature.
- 14Serve slightly warm with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g