Cook1 hr 10 mins
There are a lot of similar recipes on here, but I didn't find this one. It turns out perfect and it's so easy. I like it because it doesn't call for tapioca or cornstarch and the strawberries are whole.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add strawberries and rhubarb. Toss and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Dot with butter and cover with top crust. Seal edges with water.
- Apply yolk to top of pie with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut small holes in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Cool on rack.