1 hr 45 mins
Recipe from the KLS-TV Cooking Show. While rhubarb is in season is a great time to try this wonderful dessert. It has a delightful strawberry-rhubarb filling and is crowned with whipped cream. This recipe heralds spring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rhubarb and the juice of one orange (juice should equal at least 1/4 cup liquid- if additional liquid is needed, add water to make 1/4 cup).
- 2Add 1/2 cup sugar, cover and cook over medium heat until rhubarb is tender.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup sliced strawberries.
- 4Stir remaining strawberries into rhubarb mixture.
- 5Stir in a few drops red food color for eye appeal.
- 7Mixture will begin to thicken slightly.
- 8Slice cake horizontally to make 3 layers.
- 9Spoon 1/2 the filling on bottom cake layer.
- 10Add second layer cake and spoon on remaining filling.
- 11Place top layer on cake.
- 12Chill cream well, whip until stiff.
- 13Set aside.
- 14Beat together ricotta cheese, 4 tablespoons sugar, and the grated peel of one orange.
- 15Beat until fluffy.
- 16Fold whipped cream into whipped ricotta cheese.
- 17Frost the sides and top of cake with whip cream mixture.
- 18Garnish with remaining strawberry slices and mint leaves.
- 19Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 20Cake is best if served same day.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g