Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beautiful pale pink cake and icing, from Taste of the South magazine.
Make and share this Strawberry Preserve Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- red food coloring paste
For the icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottoms of 2 (9-inch) cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly coat each pan with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer for approximately 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add preserves and then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl and add vanilla extract and enough food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Divide batter equally between prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium-high speed with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Add strawberry preserves and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add confectioners’ sugar and salt, beating until smooth.
- Spread Strawberry Cream-Cheese Icing between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
I made this cake today, I added a couple squirts of strawberry syrup, and did not use the icing recipe. I mage a sugar glaze and drizzled it on top. This recipe made a very nice cake. It is dense, moist and delicious! I will be making this one again!
I made this for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday and decorated it with fresh strawberries and buttercream icing. It was gorgeous and delicious! I will be using this recipe over and over again. Thanks for sharing!