1/1 Photo of Strawberry Pound Cake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This pound cake has strawberries baked in the cake and is also brushed with a warm strawberry glaze after it comes out of the oven. Wow, is this good! Recipe from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Glaze and sauce
- 1Drain thawed strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 2Chop the strawberries and set the juice& berries aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 4Combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 5Stir in the pecans, chopped strawberries and extracts.
- 6Pour into greased and floured 10" tube or bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 325° for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack.
- 9For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the 1/2 cup of the reserved strawberry juice.
- 10Add sliced strawberries and bring to a boil.
- 11Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in extracts.
- 13Brush some of sauce over the warm cake and serve with the remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g