1/1 Photo of Strawberry Pound Cake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This pound cake has strawberries baked in the cake and is also brushed with a warm strawberry glaze after it comes out of the oven. Wow, is this good! Recipe from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Glaze and sauce
- 1Drain thawed strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 2Chop the strawberries and set the juice& berries aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 4Combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- 5Stir in the pecans, chopped strawberries and extracts.
- 6Pour into greased and floured 10" tube or bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 325° for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack.
- 9For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the 1/2 cup of the reserved strawberry juice.
- 10Add sliced strawberries and bring to a boil.
- 11Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in extracts.
- 13Brush some of sauce over the warm cake and serve with the remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g