The second question people ask when I serve them this pie is, "What's your recipe?" It comes right after their first question—"May I have another slice?"
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a saucepan, melt 2 ounces chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for 2 hours. Arrange strawberries, tip end up, atop the filling. Brush jam over strawberries. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over all.