This is a quick and easy pie to make, for your convenience you can use fresh or frozen strawberries and already made oreo crumb crusts. what could be easier...topped with a nice drizzle of your favourite chocolate sauce....yummy!
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 8" pie plate and put in freezer.
- Wash, hull and puree pint of strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar and reserve.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 4 tbsps of sugar until stiff. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream with vanilla extract until smooth and creamy, removing 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Fold the strawberry puree and egg whites into the whipping cream.
- Pour into prepared crust and freeze until hard.
- Just before serving decorate top of frozen pie with the reserved whipped cream and sliced strawberries, then drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy.
We used a pre-made Oreo crust and a mixture of fresh and frozen berries. Really delicious frozen dessert! Be sure to serve and eat frozen; then again, the recipe made more than would fit in the shell and the extra disappeared long before we served the pie. Made for Gimme5, March 09.
Aussie Swap#24: OUTSTANDING, decadent pie!! Easy to make!
Great taste, I made this for the 123 tag and it was a great one to try. Thanks for sharing, another keeper baby.