Very easy and tasty. Everyone will wonder how the filling got into the middle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves (or raspberry, other berry jam)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 24 pieces (cut it cold right out of the fridge in 6 by 4 rows)
- 1 (12 ounce) container ready made cream cheese frosting (or your favorite cream cheese frosting)
- 1Mix cake mix, sour cream, oil, water in eggs in large bowl until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- 2Spoon batter into 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- 3Place strawberry preserves in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- 4Place 1 cube of cream cheese in center of each cupcake; press in slightly. Place 1/4 tsp of preserves over the cream cheese.
- 5You may also press 4-5 mini chocolate chips into the cream cheese before pressing into the batter for a nice variation.
- 6Bake 18-23 minutes at 350 or until tops are golden brown and spring back in center. The cream cheese and preserves should sink into the center of the cupcake, some preserve may show slightly on the top.
- 7Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g