Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Stevia is a South American herb that is virtually calorie-free and hundreds of times sweeter than table sugar (which is why you only need 2 tsp in a recipe that might need a 2 cups of sugar). You can probably find it at your local health food store and I know Trader Joe's carries it with their baking goods. This recipe is from "Stevia Sweet Recipes" by Jeffrey Goettemoiller and I got it from www.rochestergoodfood.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together oil, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and butterscotch flavoring.
- Stir in water.
- Sift flour, stevia, and baking powder together.
- Mix half of the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Briefly chop coconut in a blender, if the pieces are large.
- Fold into cookie dough- mixture will be stiff.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with a fork in an "X" pattern.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until golden.
- Leave cookies on baking sheet 2 minutes to cool and remove to racks to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.