1/1 Photo of Spring Fling Cake
chocoholic in AZ's Note:
This cake tastes light and airy and does not over-whelm the taste buds. I bet you can't eat just one piece! I got this recipe from my grandma and I am not sure about where it originally came from. This cake was a staple for my grandma to make for any holiday or family get-together. It is a delightful change from the ordinary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box pillsbury moist supreme classic yellow cake mix with pudding (IMPORTANT! cake mix box must say, "with one cup of pudding in the mix for a moister cake")
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (un-drained)
- 2In a large bowl combine: cake mix, eggs, oil, vanilla, whole can un-drained mandarin oranges.
- 3Mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and mandarin oranges are in small pieces.
- 4Pour mixture into a greased and flowered 8x12 cake pan.
- 5Bake at 350°F for about 30 minute or until done.
- 6For a glass cake pan bake at 330°F.
- 8In a small bowl drain crushed pineapple juice.
- 9Add instant pudding powder to pineapple juice and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and set aside.
- 10In a separate large bowl combine whole tub Cool Whip and drained crushed pineapple and mix until well blended.
- 11Combine juice/pudding mixture to Cool Whip/pineapple mixture and blend with electric hand mixer.
- 12Frost your cake, chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Fling Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g