This cake tastes light and airy and does not over-whelm the taste buds. I bet you can't eat just one piece! I got this recipe from my grandma and I am not sure about where it originally came from. This cake was a staple for my grandma to make for any holiday or family get-together. It is a delightful change from the ordinary.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxpillsbury moist supreme classic yellow cake mix with pudding (IMPORTANT! cake mix box must say, "with one cup of pudding in the mix for a moister cake")
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (un-drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (un-drained)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- In a large bowl combine: cake mix, eggs, oil, vanilla, whole can un-drained mandarin oranges.
- Mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and mandarin oranges are in small pieces.
- Pour mixture into a greased and flowered 8x12 cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minute or until done.
- For a glass cake pan bake at 330°F.
- In a small bowl drain crushed pineapple juice.
- Add instant pudding powder to pineapple juice and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl combine whole tub Cool Whip and drained crushed pineapple and mix until well blended.
- Combine juice/pudding mixture to Cool Whip/pineapple mixture and blend with electric hand mixer.
- Frost your cake, chill and serve.