Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another web find. This biscotti has a fresh taste with orange zest, dried cranberries, white chocolate, and pistachios. Very light and tasty. The combination of flavors is perfect. You may want to add some orange extract or doubled the vanilla extract, or even use some lemon extract. You may need to adjust your oven temperature depending on what type of oven you use. Use an electric knife, it cuts through these biscotti like butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the white chocolate, dried cranberries, and pistachios.
- Cover, and chill for 30 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky.
- Preheat oven to 325°FF (165°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and divide into halves.
- Form each half into a flattish log about 12 inches long by 3 inches wide.
- Arrange logs at least 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until pale gold.
- Allow logs to cool on the baking sheet until cool enough to handle.
- On a cutting board, cut logs crosswise on a diagonal into 1 inch thick slices.
- Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer biscotti to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Fantastic flavor, texture & appearance! This is my second year making this recipe. We enjoy them at home and as gifts to family & friends. With their red, green & white color, they are pretty & the flavor does not disappoint. The only alteration I made was to paint one side with white chocolate. Delicious.
....the reviews were very helpful!!!