MARIA MAC *'s Note:
Super easy and quick to make. I think this came from a TOH insert. I have made these cookies alot sice I first got this recipe. They are easy to make just form into logs and slice after baking. And you get 40- 50 cookies depending on how big a slice you cut. You can use any jam of your coice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 4Divide dough into 4 equal portions; shape each into 12 x 3/4- in log.
- 5Place 4 in apart on greased baking sheets.
- 6Make a 1/2 in depression down center of logs; fill with jam.
- 7Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Cool for 2 minutes; cut diagonally into 3/4 inches slices. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split - Second Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 48.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g