Cook1 hr 5 mins
My mom's recipe. Good during the summertime squash season. Freezes well.
Make and share this Spicy Squash Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 3⁄4 cups unpeeled shredded yellow squash
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 8 ingredients; stir to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and preserves; stir to combine.
- Add in shredded squash; stir to combine.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients, stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 5 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.