1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Squash Custard Pie for Weight Watchers
If you use your imagination, you have a pretty good coconut custard pie for dieters, sans the crust. I found this recipe on a WW blog site and bravely tried it. Before you get excited, no, it doesn't taste like Mom's coconut pie, but if you crave dessert (I did) and happen to be following WW Core diet plan (I am), Bob's your uncle! ;-) Prep time does not include cooking the squash - use your favorite method for this, microwave or oven or use up leftovers as I did. The original recipe called 4 eggs, but I used 2 + 1/2 cup Eggbeaters. The fat-free margarine option: this was in the recipe as I copied it but that's not something I ever use. Unable to think of a reasonable substitute, I left it out altogether. My pie turned out just fine but use the margarine if you prefer. Or heck, go all out and sling in some butter. Just don't forget to count the points!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons fat-free margarine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Put all ingredients except squash in your blender and whiz on low for a minute or so.
- 3Stir in the squash by hand. Pour mixture in the pan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Bake for 30-40 minutes or until just set. The top will puff up and brown.
- 5NB: I like it better cold. The cornmeal settles to the bottom and forms a kind of sweet polenta crust.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash Custard Pie for Weight Watchers
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 252.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g