Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from Southern Living Magazine, May 1974.
Make and share this Southern Peanut Butter Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup syrup, corn
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 pie shell, 9 unbaked
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter; blend well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes; cool.
- To serve, top with whipped cream.
This was a good pie. It didn't have quite enough of a distinct peanut butter flavor for my family's liking (maybe more peanut butter next time or less corn syrup/sugar), but it is still really good. I served with whipped cream on top. I think vanilla ice cream would be delicious on the side also!
Delicious recipe! Only problem I had was the baking time. Followed the directions exactly, but mine was overdone at 30 min at 350. I will watch it more carefully next time and check at 20 minutes. Still wonderfully good. I also prefer the smooth peanut butter and real whipped cream. Good stuff, and so easy to make. Thanks, Tina, for sharing!
I followed the directions exactly, pie blew up in oven! I'll try again because the batter was delicious...think I'll try 350 degrees for 40 minutes though instead of the confusing two-stage method.