1 hr 15 mins
Georgia Girl's Note:
This is an unusual pecan pie because it uses only brown sugar--no corn syrup. This gives it a wonderful consistentcy, and this is my most requested dessert of all time. I always have to take 2 extras to family gatherings so everyone can take some home. I got the original recipe from my aunt, but I have added the cocoa, more pecans, more eggs, the alcohol and changed other ingredient amounts over the years, so I consider it my creation now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 9-inch pie shells
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons Tia Maria or 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 18 pecan halves, for decoration
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter and set aside.
- 3Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Sift the brown sugar into the eggs (yes, sift) and mix well.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients except for the pecan halves and mix thoroughly.
- 6NOTE: If you don't want to add the 2 Tablespoons of alcohol, then increase the vanilla extract amount to 1 Tablespoon.
- 7Distribute the pie filling evenly between the 3 pie crusts, and decorate the tops of each pie with 6 pecan halves in a pinwheel pattern.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Belle Chocolate Praline Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3296.3
- Calories from Fat 1616
- Total Fat 179.5 g
- Saturated Fat 54.5 g
- Cholesterol 553.1 mg
- Sodium 1786.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 401.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 299.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g