This is a great recipe for cut-out cookies as no chilling time is required. You may find you need to add more flour to work with dough. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes a nice cake-like cookie.
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cream together sugar& shortening.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Divide dough.
- Roll out to 1/4" thick, cut into desired shapes.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Decorate with desired frosting.