Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a simple cookie to make. The cookies are soft like a sugar cookie but without the wait. One of my favorites. Easy to double
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and.
- sour cream. Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour until.
- the dough becomes difficult to stir. Turn the dough out onto a floured.
- surface and knead until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough one-fourth.
- to one-half thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 and a half.
- inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 F degrees.
- Cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to.
- wire racks.
I always hated doing cut out cookies because I never liked the taste of any I had tried but that all changed with this recipe... THEY ARE WONDERFUL. With and without icing.. They should come with a warning thought, they are very addictive, don't sit within arms reach of a plate of them or they'll be gone in no time.. They only thing I changed was instead of rolling them on a floured surface I used Confectionary sugar to roll them out on.
Made these today with my kids, the dough is very easy to work with. They are very tender thanks to the sour cream. I added a teaspoon of vanilla and a dash of fresh nutmeg to pump up the flavor. Great recipe, thanks gor the post!
These are awesome cut-out cookies. I mainly picked this recipe because it didn't need to chill like most others, and I'm so glad i did! They looked perfect out of the oven and tasted perfect too. This will be my "Go-To" cut-out cookie recipe from now on. It's going in the keeper file! Thanks for posting!