Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cupcakes are easy to make. They are kind of dense and not too sweet. They remind my of a sweet biscuit. Honestly, I'm not a fan of them, but my husband and third son like them a lot. Frost with your favorite frosting (a lemon frosting or dk. chocolate frosting is good).
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (regular NOT light or fat free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat at low speed for about 4 minutes. Place empty cupcake wrappers into muffin tin. Fill wrappers about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool and frost with favorite frosting.
WOW! These little cupcakes are very tasty! I don't think they are too heavy at all. On the contrary I really like their nice dense and soft interior. The use of sour cream sets them off from your regular cupcake and makes them special. I only changed the recipe in that I used about 60g less sugar and sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top of each cupcake before baking to give them a nice littel crunch. This way they were perfect for me. I am sure to make these often and soon again! Next time Ill try to add some applesauce or jam to the batter. Can't wait to have another bunch of these lovely treats! :) Thanks so much for sharing, Parsley!
I made this as one cake and used lite sour cream as that was all I had on hand and it was terrific especially with chocolate frosting on it.