1/3 Photos of Sour Cream Apple Cardamom Quick Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
An adopted recipe originally posted by Mean Chef who noted "makes two 9 by 5 inch or 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaves". From the reviews on the recipe I would suggest you use a very fragrant tasty apple, I like Northern Spy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups grated apples (such as gala or fuji)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour two 6- to 8-cup loaf pans and reserve.
- 3In a mixer, cream together the butter, oil and sugars.
- 4Add the eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- 5Sift together the cardamom, salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- 6Mix into the creamed ingredients, a little at a time, until incorporated, taking care not to overmix.
- 7Stir in the walnuts and apple.
- 8Divide batter between the prepared pans.
- 9Tap pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- 10Bake for approximately 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in centers comes out clean.
- 11Rotate pans halfway through baking.
- 12After 45 minutes, place sheets of foil loosely over loaves to prevent overbrowning.
- 13(Ovens bake differently, so use your best judgment and a doneness test when gauging cooking time for baked goods.) Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and turn right-side-up to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Apple Cardamom Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2695.1
- Calories from Fat 1409
- Total Fat 156.6 g
- Saturated Fat 48.2 g
- Cholesterol 338.0 mg
- Sodium 1531.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 302.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 170.5 g
- Protein 33.5 g