Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are really good. Unfortunately the kids love them. lol Make extra, because if you want any for yourself, you'd better make sure each kid gets their fair share or you'll end up having a full blown riot on your hands. :)
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy.
- slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combines. Then mix in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Unwrap all Snickers Miniatures.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. divide into 1 tablespoons pieces and flatten.
- Place a Snickers Mini in the center of each piece of dough.
- Form the dough into a ball around each mini.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325F for 10-12 minutes. (Baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted if using more then 1 tablespoons of dough per cookie.).
- Let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper. Immediately dust with powdered sugar or you can drizzle chocolate over the top using a favorite recipe.
These cookies are delicious just the way the recipe is written here.
These are delicious cookies! Hands down, my son's favorite cookie. I will say that the dough makes way more than the 36 little Snickers bars will allow. When we ran out of Snickers we just made plain peanut butter cookies with the remaining dough. YUM! I am so NOT a crunchy cookie person and these come out nice and soft and chewy. Absolutely perfect from my perspective. I also refrained from the powdered sugar dusting at the end. They are plenty sweet enough on their own. Really exceptional cookies. Thanks for sharing! One not so minor detail, however. Your temp is way off... at 325 after 12 minutes I still had dough. I had to bake the first batch 18 minutes. At 375 I baked for 14 minutes and they were fine.
These were really delicious, though I thought they got stale pretty quickly. Luckily, they disappeared in a few days. The yield is totally wrong. I used more than 1 T of dough for each cookie because the caramel leaked out if I used only 1 T -- and I still got 60 cookies out of the recipe. I used almost 2 full packages of mini Snickers (the 11.5 oz size package) for the cookies.