Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Snickers pie is different from some others I've seen posted. There is no cool-whip or pudding mix in this one. It's delicious and great for parties as you can make it a day ahead.
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Place pie crust in a glass pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes, or till very light golden brown; remove from oven and cool; reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Cut candy bars in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-inch pieces and arrange over bottom of the partially baked crust.
- Combine sugar and cream cheese; beat until smooth; add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add sour cream and peanut butter, beating until mixture is smooth; spoon over candy bar pieces.
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is set; cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Heat whipping cream in a small saucepan until very warm; remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stir until melted and mixture is smooth; spread over top of pie.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving; store leftovers in the fridge.
Thanks for posting this great recipe. I am not crazy about pudding filling. I used a store bought chocolate graham cracker crust and used half of recipe to fill. I also used semi sweet chocolate and froze a candy bar and cracked it and but it on top. It was like a dessert in a restaurant. I might use choc grahams in a larger pie plate and fill it with full recipe for a holiday. that little hint of sour cream is awesome. thanks! Scrumptious!!
Like a previous reviewer, I chose this recipe because it didn't have cool whip or pudding, plus we bought some Snickers bars on sale & wanted to put them to good use. The pie tastes fabulous, although it's rich enough that you only need one slice. I'm a little pastry challenged, so next time will take a previous reviewer's suggestion & use biscuit crust. Thanks so much Hey Jude for sharing this great recipe.
Hey Jude, I liked that this wasn't a cool-whip or pudding pie. That is why I chose this recipe. This pie was out-of-this world good!!! I think this is the BEST pie I have made. Even my jaded well-fed BF declared "this is REALLY good". I did add a layer of caramel before the chocolate and used a graham cracker crust.