Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and tastes good! Found this recipe in my old Home Ech. folder!
Make and share this Snickerdoodles (Cinnamon Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl beat togethor the 3/4c sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir togethor the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir into the butter mixture until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for several hours.
- In a small bowl combine the 2T of sugar and the 2t of cinnamon.
- Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, shortening, etc.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1-inch balls; roll each in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place the cookies on the cookie sheet making sure they are 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove with a pancake turner or something else and place on a cooling rack.
These cookies are wonderful! I love the softness of the cookie combined with the crackly textured outside. I will make these again, they are the perfect snickerdoodle to me.
I have been looking for my snickerdoodle recipe from my home ec teacher for years and every one I found just wasn't the same. I'm am so grateful you shared your. It is the one. The best I have ever made or eaten. My entire family just loves them. I keep the dough on hand to make when I feel like a little something sweet. Great Recipe. Teresa in Toledo,OH
After looking through the snickerdoodle recipes and thinking mine wasn't here, I found your which is the same as mine to the letter. SO, I'm giving this one 5 stars as I think it's the best out there. They stay soft, have a great flavor.