Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender sugar cookie with a cinnamon sugar topping. I got this out of the Pillsbury Cookbook.
Make and share this Snickerdoodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients, blend well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt, blend well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 - 10 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
I hadn't made these since Home Ec. in Jr. High. As good as I remember.