1/1 Photo of Slumber Party Cake
1 hr 40 mins
Twinkies and cake mix end up looking like little bodies sleeping under a blanket with a pillow. Fun to make for your kids overnight party - or have the girls make it themselves, they'll love that. Easy! Recipe from Mr. Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix, prepared according to package directions (*see note)
- 3 eggs (*see note)
- 1 cup water (*see note)
- 1/3 cup oil (*see note)
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring, plus
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 (16 ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
- 5 Hostess Twinkies (see Note)
- 5 large marshmallows, flattened to 1-1/2 " x 2-inch
- 5 vanilla wafers or 5 chocolate wafers
- assorted decorative icing or cake decorating gel
- decorative candy sprinkles
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3*NOTE: Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions; I'm required to list the ingredients needed to prepare the mix (eggs water, and oil) but yours may be different.
- 4Place 1 cup of the cake batter in a small bowl and stir in 1/8 teaspoon green food color; mix well.
- 5Pour the remaining batter into the baking pan and drop the colored batter by spoonfuls into the batter in the baking pan and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- 6Bake according to package directions; Cool completely then invert onto a serving platter.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine one container of frosting with the remaining 4 drops green food color; mix well.
- 9Lightly frost the entire cake with green frosting then heavily frost the top one-third of the cake lengthwise with the remaining green frosting.
- 11Cut the Twinkies in half lengthwise and place the top halves on the lightly frosted cake section, slightly overlapping the heavily frosted section.
- 12Frost the Twinkies and the bottom two-thirds and sides of the cake with the remaining container of cream cheese frosting to look like a blanket that covers the Twinkies (the "bodies").
- 13Place a flattened marshmallow to look like a pillow above each Twinkie on the green frosted part of the cake.
- 14Decorate the wafers with decorative icing to make hair, eyes, and mouths; Attach the decorated wafers to the marshmallow pillows with leftover frosting.
- 15Using the decorative icing, make a ruffle around the edges of the blanket; Sprinkle the blanket with decorative sprinkles; serve.
- 16(If making ahead of time, place toothpicks in the corners and lightly cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.).
- 17NOTE: Use more or fewer Twinkies on your cake, depending on how many "slumbering guests" will be attending your slumber party!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slumber Party Cake
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 460.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 73.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: