4 hrs 20 mins
From Southern Living Magazine. Southern Living says in the intro to the recipe, that it received one of the highest ratings in their test kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 28 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1Stir together cornbread crumbs, stuffing mix, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Pour conrbread mixture into a lightly greased 5 1/2 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- 3Dot with butter.
- 4Cook, covered, on LOW 4 hours or until cooked through and set.
- 5Note: For testing purposes only, Southern Living used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix. They also used 2 - 7.5 ounce packages Martha White Yellow Cornbread Mix prepared according to package directions in 8-inch square pans. The baked cornbread made 7 cups crumbs so they suggest freezing the rest.
- 6**Cook time does not include preparing the cornbread.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 1049.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: