1/1 Photo of Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cream Pie
This is a lightened version of chocolate cream pie. Recipe is from Woman's Day. Prep time does not include chilling time for finished pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons light butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate curls (optional)
- 1Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat a 9 inch pie pan or plate with nonstick spray.
- 3Process graham crackers in food processor until finely ground.
- 4Add butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- 5Add egg white, pulse until evenly moistened.
- 6Press crumb mixture evenly and firmly over bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- 7Bake 8 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- 8For filling, in bowl, whisk cocoa powder and cornstarch; whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the half and half.
- 9In saucepan, heat remaining 1 cup half and half and the sugar over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Whisk in cocoa mixture and melted chocolate.
- 11Cook, stirring, until filling begins to bubble; continue to cook, whisking, until very thick, about 2 minutes longer.
- 12Off heat, whisk in butter and vanilla.
- 13Spread filling in crust.
- 14Place plastic wrap onto suface of filling; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 15To serve, remove plastic wrap; spread whipped topping over filling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham crackers