1/1 Photo of Sinfully Rich Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Great cake recipe- so chocolatey that you will have a chocolate rush straight to your brain. Makes a perfect dessert for entertaining! Recipe by Kevin and Nancy Mills.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt together the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring to mix.
- 2Remove from heat when almost melted (do not scorch).
- 3Preheat your oven to 300F.
- 4Fill a 9x13-inch roasting pan or casserole halfway with water and place it on the center shelf of the oven.
- 5Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and dust with 1 teaspoon of flour; and cut out a square of waxed paper to fit the bottom of the pan; place paper in the bottom of pan and set aside.
- 6Place sugar, eggs and remaining 1 teaspoon of flour into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high for about 2 minutes.
- 7Pour in the chocolate, and beat another 15-30 seconds, until it is mixed well.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and set the loaf pan in the center of the casserole dish half-filled with water (in the oven).
- 9Bake for approximately 75 minutes or until a light crust forms and a toothpick can be removed clean.
- 10Cool the cake in the loaf pan on a wire rack for approximately 30 minutes, or until it cools down to room temp.
- 11Cover pan and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
- 12Serve garnished with powdered sugar or fresh raspberries and store unused portions in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinfully Rich Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g