Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is just as easy as Shelly's and yet has a different taste. Both really good.
Make and share this Sharon's Eclair Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup
- Layer 1 - combine water and butter in medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Lower heat, add flour all at once, stirring until mixture is smooth and leaves the side of the pan. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Spread mixture evenly onto greased (with shortening) cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 min until golden and puffed - let cool.
- Layer 2 - Beat pudding, milk and cream cheese until smooth. Continue beating for another 2 minute Spread onton baked layer.
- Layer 3 - Spread cool whip on top of pudding mixture.
- Layer 4 - drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Chill until firm - several hours.
I made this for our Sunday dinner dessert!! Yummy cake!!! I followed the recipe but only made half the recipe as there was only 5 of us and that worked well but still made a good amount!! This does taste very similar to an eclair but the dough was a little more eggy tasting than the other eclairs I have had in the past. Thanks for sharing Hill Family. Made for PRMR tag!!