1/5 Photos of Scotcheroos - My Mother-In-Law's Recipe!
In ND everyone likes bars! These are very addictive. When I first saw them I thought I don't like rice krispies...silly me! I have found if I eat just one I am back to the kitchen sneaking one after another. My kids love them! So I hope you enjoy them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy sauce pan cook sugar, syrup and butter over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Remove from heat and add peanut butter. In a large bowl mix into the rice krispies until krispies are coated and press firmly into a buttered 9 x 12 inch pan.
- 3In a double boiler melt butterscotch and chocolate chips until soft and creamy. Then pour and spread over the uncut bars in the pan.
- 4When they are cool cut into the size bars you like to serve.
- 5I warn you -- these will make you yearn for more until every last one is gone! :). And consider yourselves lucky cuz it took me nine years to get her recipe! No other Scotcheroos are as good as hers!
- 6Hugs, Jelly.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scotcheroos - My Mother-In-Law's Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 120.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g