In ND everyone likes bars! These are very addictive. When I first saw them I thought I don't like rice krispies...silly me! I have found if I eat just one I am back to the kitchen sneaking one after another. My kids love them! So I hope you enjoy them!
- In a heavy sauce pan cook sugar, syrup and butter over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter. In a large bowl mix into the rice krispies until krispies are coated and press firmly into a buttered 9 x 12 inch pan.
- In a double boiler melt butterscotch and chocolate chips until soft and creamy. Then pour and spread over the uncut bars in the pan.
- When they are cool cut into the size bars you like to serve.
- I warn you -- these will make you yearn for more until every last one is gone! :). And consider yourselves lucky cuz it took me nine years to get her recipe! No other Scotcheroos are as good as hers!
- Hugs, Jelly.