1/1 Photo of Scoop and Bake Dinner Rolls
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from Cook's Illustrated. The rolls look like muffins but taste like dinner bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to the middle position.
- 2Heat oven to 200 degrees. Maintain temperature for 10 minutes, then turn off the oven.
- 3Grease the muffin tins.
- 4Whisk 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- 5Whisk water, butter, and egg until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add remaining flour and mix with a rubber spatula unitl just combined.
- 7Cover bowl with greased plastic wrap and place in the warm oven until the batter is doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove bowl from the oven and punch the dough down.
- 9Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- 10Cover with the greased plastic wrap and let rise until the batter nearly reaches the rims of the muffin tin ( let rise at room temperature), about 15 minutes.
- 11Remove the plastic wrap and bake until the rolls are golden, 14 to 18 minutes.
- 12Rolls can be stored in an air tight contain for 3 days.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scoop and Bake Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g