Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. A woman in my husband's office makes these for him at Christmas time. He just loves them.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in flour, then cherries and pecans.
- Shape into three 7-inch rolls.
- Roll dough in coconut to coat outside.
- Wrap in waxed paper or clean plastic wrap.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 oven for 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
One of my family's most requested holiday cookies. Don't mix red and green cherries in the same batch (the colors will bleed and look muddy). Thanks for the post.
I made these for my xmas cookie exchange this year. The recipe is accurate for ingredients, batch size and cooking time. It is easy to double. I did add a touch of almond extract as I think you can never go wrong with a hint of almond extract. These were easy and delicious! A keeper.
Really enjoyed these, even tho I don't usually liked candied cherries. I used half red and half green cherries, I feel the cookies are prettier this way.