Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use this crust for chilled layered desserts. pie crusts, or sprinkled on top for extra taste and crunch on ice cream desserts. A good substitute for graham cracker or cookie crusts.
- In medium bowl add crushed crackers, brown sugar. Mix with hands.
- Add melted margarine and vanilla. Mix well.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Spray pam in the cooking pan or pie pan.
- Use non-stick pans if you have.
- Press in the bottom of 9 X 9 pan or 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake from 9 to 12 minutes. When the bottom of the crust starts to turn light brown, watch carefully, take out of oven when it is a medium brown. Cool.
- Note: If you want to reserve 1/4 cup cooked or cooked crust, it is nice sprinkled on top of any filling.
- I use my "I Can't Believe It is Butter" margarine spread.
I found that it was enough for two pies with no crust on top. I made it with a Hershey's cocoa pie filling recipe. It was also enough for two pies and was good, and worked fine with this crust. The crust stayed more or less in one piece. I thought I would need a big spoon to serve it. I think this crust would be great with some kind of a butterscotch pudding filling. It doesn't taste anything like saltines when it's done. Very fast, easy and pleasurable to make.
as i was looking through your recipes i decided to use this for my crust for a chocolate chess pie i was making instead of going out to the store just to buy a pie crust since i had all the ingredients anyway! i think ill stick to this recipe...no more store bought crusts for me. and its so simple i cant believe i never considered it!