1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe on a German web site. It was really good and fairly quick to make. Great recipe for those of you who like "European" breads. Preparation time does not include the time it takes for the bread to rise (about 90 minutes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the rye and white flour together with the salt. Set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl add the honey, yeast and 100 ml warm water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Little by little add the rest of the warm water (400 ml). Knead until dough is pliant.
- 4Cover dough and let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 5Knead once more, cover again, and let stand for 40 minutes.
- 6Form dough into an oblong loaf and place on a sheet with parchment paper. Cover until the oven has been preheated to 250°C.
- 7Pat bread with water and bake on the 2nd lowest shelf in oven.
- 8After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 190°C and continue baking for ca. 45 minutes.
- 9When fully cooked, the bread will sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: