1/4 Photos of Rustic Bread for the Bread Machine
3 hrs 45 mins
This recipe is a combination of different bread recipes I have been working on for my Bread machine.I used to make a bread that had a Biga(Italian starter).I found PanNan's recipe, worked on it and came up with this great Rustic Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2In a glass or plastic bowl,stir flour, yeast and water together with a wooden spoon until smooth.Cover with a cloth and let stand overnight.It will be kind of bubbly.
- 4Stir together flours,sugar,salt,.
- 5and Vital Gluten; set aside.
- 6Pour starter in bread machine.
- 7Add water, honey, Barley Malt,butter and oil.
- 8Add the flour mixture.
- 9Make a groove in flour and add yeast.
- 10Set Bread machine to Dough cycle.
- 11Keep an eye on the machine as dough may reach the top before the end of the cycle;if this happens push it back down.
- 12At the end of this cycle, remove dough from machine and split it in 2.
- 13Shape your breads in free form or in bread pans.
- 14Preheat oven 400*.
- 15Cover breads and let them rise for 45 minutes.
- 16Score the loaves.
- 17Place in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- 18Reduce heat to 350* and bake another 30 minutes.
- 19Remove bread from pans and tap the bottom to make sure it is baked(hollow sound).If not, return bread in the oven (without the pan)for another 5 minutes.
- 21If you do not have Barley Malt double the amount of honey.
- 22While the oven is preheating,I set a large pan on top of the stove and sit my breads on a cookie on this pan for the rising stage.It works all the time.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Bread for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (1212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1239.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 3589.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: