1/1 Photo of Russian Tea Cakes
This recipe is from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. I like to make these for Christmas instead of regular shortbread. These are so light and tasty, they literally melt in your mouth. I also use chocolate chips as a topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a large bowl cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- 3Add vanilla,scraping down bowl as needed.
- 4Blend in flour,mixing until thoroughly combined.
- 5Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- 6Place dough balls on lightly greased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- 7Press down the center of each ball with a spoon,forming a depression.
- 8Fill each with a teaspoonful of preserves or nuts.
- 9Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
- 11When cookies are cooled dust them lightly with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g