This recipe is from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. I like to make these for Christmas instead of regular shortbread. These are so light and tasty, they literally melt in your mouth. I also use chocolate chips as a topping.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla,scraping down bowl as needed.
- Blend in flour,mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place dough balls on lightly greased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Press down the center of each ball with a spoon,forming a depression.
- Fill each with a teaspoonful of preserves or nuts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
- When cookies are cooled dust them lightly with confectioners sugar.
I make this recipe all the time + I love it! So easy + turn out beautiful.