Very moist and very delicious! This is a great cake to serve to your guest after a dinner. Please use only dark rum for this, light rum just does not have the same taste. Although I have only prepared this cake using rum liquor, I imagine that you could substitute about 1 tablespoon of rum extract for the "real stuff".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars plum baby food
- 4 tablespoons dark rum (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 4In a large mixing bowl sift together, flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add in eggs and oil; beat at mediuum speed until combined.
- 6Add in plum baby food and rum; mix until thoroughly combined.
- 7Transfer to prepared Bundt pan.
- 8Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 9Cool 15 minutes and remove to a plate.
- 10Mix all glaze ingredients for the glaze until smooth.
- 11Pour over WARM cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Plum Cake With Rum Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.4
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 68.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g