1/3 Photos of Rugelach
Color Guard Mom's Note:
I got this recipe from a Christmas Cookie book back in 1988. My pastor back in Hawaii LOVES them. They are like mini nut rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butter into flour using 2 knives.
- 2In separate bowl, beat egg yolk and sour cream.
- 3Mix well and then add flour mixture. Once again, mix well.
- 4Divide dough into 3 parts, cover with plastic wrap and refrig. at least 3 hours.
- 5Prepare filling by combining sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Preheat oven to 375.
- 6Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll into a circle approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- 7Brush with melted butter and spread 1/3 of the filling mixture on each portion.
- 8Cut each circle into 16 wedges (like a pizza). Roll, starting at large end.
- 9Place on greased cookie sheets.
- 10Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rugelach
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g