I got this recipe from a Christmas Cookie book back in 1988. My pastor back in Hawaii LOVES them. They are like mini nut rolls.
- Cut butter into flour using 2 knives.
- In separate bowl, beat egg yolk and sour cream.
- Mix well and then add flour mixture. Once again, mix well.
- Divide dough into 3 parts, cover with plastic wrap and refrig. at least 3 hours.
- Prepare filling by combining sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Preheat oven to 375.
- Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll into a circle approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush with melted butter and spread 1/3 of the filling mixture on each portion.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges (like a pizza). Roll, starting at large end.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.