1/1 Photo of Root Beer Bundt Cake
This is especially good with vanilla ice cream on the side. It came from a cookbook, but I can't remember which. Use root beer schnapps in the cake for a more pronounced flavor. Do not use diet root beer.
My Private Note
10-in b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups root beer
- 1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously spray the inside of a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray; alternatively butter it, dust it with flour, and knock out the excess flour.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat the root beer, cocoa powder, and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the sugars and whisk until dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until just beaten, then whisk them into the cooled cocoa mixture until combined. Gently fold the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture. The batter will be slightly lumpy -- do not overbeat, as it could cause the cake to be tough.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until a small sharp knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and turn it out onto the rack.
- 6To make the frosting, pulse all ingredients in a food precessor until smooth and shiny. I don't have a food processor, so I just made it like regular frosting. I cut the butter into the dry ingredients and then stirred in the root beer. Use a spatula to spread the frosting over the crown of the bundt in a thick layer and allow to set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 409.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g