Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from on of the summer help that Rogene worked with at the mine. This is also know as Rogene's Rave Reviews Coconut Cake.
- Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl.
- Beat for 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make the frosting: Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet, add coconut stirring constantly over low heat until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on papertowels to cool.
- Cream the other 2 tbsp butter with cream cheese, add milk, beat in powdered sugar, gradually.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cup coconut.
- Frost the cake and top with remaining coconut.
Thanks for posting -- I made this cake for Easter and it was a big hit :)
This is absolutely delicious. I added my leftover chopped walnuts and coconut to the frosting. Aside from that, I didn't change a thing. Thank you for posting.