1/1 Photo of Rogene's Coconut Cake With Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Hill Family's Note:
This recipe came from on of the summer help that Rogene worked with at the mine. This is also know as Rogene's Rave Reviews Coconut Cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 3/4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl.
- 2Beat for 4 minutes at medium speed.
- 3Stir in coconut and nuts.
- 4Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" cake pans.
- 5Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6To make the frosting: Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet, add coconut stirring constantly over low heat until golden brown.
- 7Spread coconut on papertowels to cool.
- 8Cream the other 2 tbsp butter with cream cheese, add milk, beat in powdered sugar, gradually.
- 9Blend in vanilla.
- 10Stir in 1 3/4 cup coconut.
- 11Frost the cake and top with remaining coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rogene's Coconut Cake With Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1155.7
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 792.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 93.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g