This recipe came from on of the summer help that Rogene worked with at the mine. This is also know as Rogene's Rave Reviews Coconut Cake.
- Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl.
- Beat for 4 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make the frosting: Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet, add coconut stirring constantly over low heat until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on papertowels to cool.
- Cream the other 2 tbsp butter with cream cheese, add milk, beat in powdered sugar, gradually.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cup coconut.
- Frost the cake and top with remaining coconut.
Thanks for posting -- I made this cake for Easter and it was a big hit :)
This is absolutely delicious. I added my leftover chopped walnuts and coconut to the frosting. Aside from that, I didn't change a thing. Thank you for posting.