From Canadian living January 2008 Have not tried yet. I have included ABM method for the dough only
- Slice top off head of garlic; place garlic on foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil. Wrap and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until garlic is softened. Let cool. Squeeze out pulp into small bowl; mash and set aside.
- In large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water; sprinkle in yeast and let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Stir in remaining oil, tomatoes, salt and mashed garlic. Stir in multigrain flour and 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) of the white bread flour to make sticky dough.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding as much of the remaining flour as necessary. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough; turn out onto lightly floured surface. Pat into 11-inch (28 cm) circle. Roll up into cylinder with tapered ends. Pinch along bottom to smooth and seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- With sharp knife, cut 4 shallow slashes diagonally across top of loaf. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven for about 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped on bottom. Let cool on rack.
- Bread Machine Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Loaf (for dough only):.
- Roast garlic as directed. Into pan of 1-1/2 to 2 lb (750 g to 1 kg) bread machine, place (in order) water, sugar, remaining oil, salt, roasted garlic, tomatoes, bread flour, multigrain flour and 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL) bread machine yeast. (Do not let yeast touch liquid.) Choose dough setting.
This has really good flavor. I was doing some late night baking and fell asleep while these were the oven which made it a little dry. I'm sure the texture would have been find if I had pulled them from the oven when I should have. I ate slice of this with some boursin left over from another recipe... loved it. I made this for ZWT5.
This was a great bread. I only wish it had more of the sundried tomatoes. It went very well with our dinner tonight. Thanks wicked. Made for photo tag.