1/2 Photos of Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Loaf
3 hrs 40 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
From Canadian living January 2008 Have not tried yet. I have included ABM method for the dough only
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice top off head of garlic; place garlic on foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil. Wrap and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until garlic is softened. Let cool. Squeeze out pulp into small bowl; mash and set aside.
- 2In large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water; sprinkle in yeast and let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Stir in remaining oil, tomatoes, salt and mashed garlic. Stir in multigrain flour and 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) of the white bread flour to make sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding as much of the remaining flour as necessary. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- 4Punch down dough; turn out onto lightly floured surface. Pat into 11-inch (28 cm) circle. Roll up into cylinder with tapered ends. Pinch along bottom to smooth and seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- 5With sharp knife, cut 4 shallow slashes diagonally across top of loaf. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven for about 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped on bottom. Let cool on rack.
- 7Bread Machine Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Loaf (for dough only):.
- 8Roast garlic as directed. Into pan of 1-1/2 to 2 lb (750 g to 1 kg) bread machine, place (in order) water, sugar, remaining oil, salt, roasted garlic, tomatoes, bread flour, multigrain flour and 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL) bread machine yeast. (Do not let yeast touch liquid.) Choose dough setting.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 198.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: