Another Pennsylvania Dutch recipe. I really love this one because it is not too sweet, and it lets the taste of the fruit shine. Delicious served with sweetened peaches or strawberries, with maybe a dollop of whipped cream on top. I love summertime!!
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Stir in egg and milk.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 9-inch round baking pan.
- Spread softened butter over mixture, then pat remaining batter over butter.
- Bake at 450ºF for 20 minutes.